Celebrate Spring at Capital with Deals & More!
What’s hot, trending, interesting and leading-edge? The NKBA Insiders reveal their picks from KBIS. By Dianne M. Pogoda
The NKBA Insiders, a group of influencers in various specialties across the spectrum of kitchen and bath design, set out to find the most interesting products at KBIS 2019 in Las Vegas. Here are some of their top picks.
Beth Dotolo and Carolina Gentry, the designers/influencers behind the Pulp Design team, with headquarters in Dallas and Seattle, focused on mixed materials and color.
- James Martin: An Eastern flair in its furniture-like vanity shows a use of mixed materials and an integration of hardware.
- Thompson Traders: A crafted metal vessel reflects the mixed-metals trend.
- Thermador: A striking mix of color and technology allows a completely customized look with these appliances in the connected home.
- Ann Sacks: A deep green tile that looks like a hand-crafted, artisan product is made from the waste from Kohler’s other production lines — a brainchild of the Kohler WasteLab.
Ryan Herd, the “Smart Home Guy,” is an integrated technology expert and owner of 1 Sound Choice in Pompton Plains, N.J., sought products that directly help the design community and the consumer.
- SKS: A wine refrigerator with an app that keeps track of inventory, monitors three cooling zones, and if something is awry, can contact the manufacturer, order a part and schedule service.
- Corian: The Charging Surface allows wireless recharging of devices to cut countertop cord clutter.
- Beko: Using energy-efficient LED technology, the blue light in the refrigerator allows the photosynthesis process to continue, prolonging the freshness of fruits and vegetables.
- Control4: Smart-home technology used to be about gadgets. Now it’s about making life easier. Control4’s networking solutions allow devices, apps and smart systems to communicate and work together seamlessly in the connected home.
Elle H-Millard, CKD, a trend forecasting consultant and editor at large for NKBA, homed in on color and texture.
- Recycled Leather: Formica is pulping leather and pressing it with a crocodile texture in many colors that can be used to wrap cabinetry, reflecting a direction of different textures in the kitchen.
- Color: The bright, CeraMax Rainbeaux colored steel or brass handles and hardware by Inox give a space a lot of personality.
- Monogram: Fellow Insider Richard Anuszkiewcz hid the column refrigeration and dishwasher behind panels and drawer-fronts — and used fur with inlaid leather belts on the countertop.
- Black and White: The black and white contrasts at the Gaggenau booth, which featured a “bier garden,” were punctuated by bold punches of color, and spoke to a global influence.
Richard Anuszkiewcz, founder of Richard A2Z and executive director of the Kitchen and Bath Division for Alt Breeding Architects, works with Monogram on special projects.
- Monogram: Pizza Hearth oven, shown in gold, is on-trend with different layers of gold — matte or brushed — reflecting a desire for warmer tones and mixed metals.
- Kallista: A hand-hammered, polished nickel sink with a contrasting metal faucet from this Kohler brand.
- Clarke Architectural Studio: The Deco with Base tub is made from OMOXO solid surface material and sits in a solid-surface base with a Macassar ebony veneer, challenging ideas of how materials should or could be used.
To read the full article at NKBA.org click below
World famous for its delicious cuisine, its trendy fashion industry, luxury sports cars, diverse regional cultures, beautiful coastline and mountain ranges, Italy is home to luxury appliances such as Bertazzoni, Smeg, Fulgar Milano, Roma, Faber, Elica and Falmec.
A PROUD TRADITION
Food and cooking are essential elements of Italian family life. For more than 100 years, Bertazzoni’s beautifully engineered cooking appliances have helped people all over the world bring the best home-cooked food to the family table.
MASTER SERIES Practical kitchen style and fine Italian design, Practical elegance, integrated vision
INTUITIVE CONTROLS Designed to recall the style of commercial kitchens, the traditional, large round full metal knobs are satisfying to the touch and intuitive to use – They are designed to make it clear whether they are on or off at a glance.
ERGONOMICALLY- DESIGNED HANDLE The Master Series handle has been designed to help you create a bold, coordinated look across every appliance in the kitchen. The ergonomic shape of the bar section radius sits comfortably in the hand, ideally supporting the opening and closing motion of the range door.
COORDINATED DESIGN As well as being supremely practical, the Bertazzoni Master Series is also exceptionally good-looking. It has a style that’s all its own, with a sophisticated color palette that transforms your kitchen into a work of art. Large, round metal knobs and commercial style handles define all the appliances, which are engineered for performance and beautifully styled. The pieces of the suite integrate seamlessly with each other and with your kitchen.
COLORS Finished in elegant Bertazzoni texture colors, the Master Series offers a striking and sophisticated look for your kitchen. This matt finish is tougher and more durable than conventional paint, as well as stain and scratch resistant. Available in a choice of the Colors of Italy collection, inspired by the landscape, fruit and vegetables and unique light of the Emilia-Romagna region.
To read our full article, click below..
With its unique combination of history, sights, cuisines, and culture, Germany is home to luxury appliances such as Gaggenau, Thermador, Bosch, Miele & Liebherr.
Where Tradition Meets Innovation For over three centuries, Gaggenau has been a leading brand for innovative and revolutionary home appliances
Click the link below for the full article featuring all of our German Manufacturers
Ho! Ho! Whoa! Give The Gift That Keeps On Giving
Hosting this holiday season?
POUR LIKE THE PROS
Tap into luxury and enjoy a draught beer at home. Perlick adds brewery-fresh draft beer to any room of the home. Your guests will love being able to serve themselves at any time during your party. Add an undercounter refrigerator to chill beer glasses.
24″ C-SERIES Model No: HC24TB-3
• Accommodates 2 1/6 Barrels or 1 1/4 Barrel (slim or standard)
• Self-contained beer system with portable drainer – no plumbing required
• Features Perlick’s exclusive RAPIDcool forced-air refrigeration system, providing industry leading cooling performance
• Stainless steel interior and black vinyl clad exterior – they are durable, sanitary, and resistant to stains and odors, and two-inch-thick foamed-in-place insulated walls provide industry-leading protection against outside ambient and vibration.
• Temperature range: 33° – 42°F (.5° – 5.5°C)
• S System Lo Boy keg couplers are available as an optional accessory for those who want to pour brands like Heineken, Stella Artois and others.”
• Perlick Beer Dispensers come standard with D System Lo Boy keg coupler(s) to pour a majority of domestic and popular European brands
• Available with a solid stainless steel door or solid wood overlay door
• Black tap handle(s) included
• Three Full Year Warranty plus additional three years on sealed system
READ OUR FULL NEWSLETTER HERE http://createsend.com/t/r-3E3383D0F9A8C0992540EF23F30FEDED
Gifts To Make Your Holiday Brighter
MODEL NO. DYWS4
The first automated, temperature controlled, four-bottle wine dispensing and preservation system for the home. Choose the right wine and just the right amount —a taste, half glass or full glass—with the touch of a finger. Maintains the freshness of your favorite wine selections for up to 60 days without the loss of flavor or natural aroma.
Click here to read the rest of our Newsletter & gift ideas! http://createsend.com/t/r-A00344CEE3DD41A32540EF23F30FEDED
Join us Saturday 10.6 for a Cooking Demo with MIELE!